[ZendTo] Re: RFE: Detect navigating away from page

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Thu Sep 22 12:57:59 BST 2011

I just tried it in Safari and it had no effect. :(

On 22/09/2011 08:58, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
> Jules, I have this working by adding into the top of new_dropoff.tpl:
>
> var unload_msg = "You will cancel your upload!";
> var ignore_unload = true;
>
> $(document).ready(function(){
>
>         function doBeforeUnload() {
>                if(ignore_unload) return; // Let the page unload
>
>                if(window.event)
>                       window.event.returnValue = unload_msg; // IE
>                else
>                       return unload_msg; // FF
>         }
>
>         if(window.body)
>                window.body.onbeforeunload = doBeforeUnload; // IE
>         else
>                window.onbeforeunload = doBeforeUnload; // FF
>
> and then in the submitform() function, around line 330, the following
> code:
>
>     document.dropoff.submit();
>     ignore_unload = false;
>
> Now once a user clicks Dropoff Files and they attempt to navigate away
> a popup will ask them if they are sure.
> --
> Thanks, Phil

>     Hi Jules, A test user informed us that if you are performing a
>     dropoff and navigate away from the page the upload is cancelled.
>     Would it be feasible to add some JS code for using
>     onbeforeunload() to warn the user ?
>     --
>     Thanks, Phil

'It's okay to live without all the answers' - Charlie Eppes, 2011
'That is the land of lost content,
  I see it shining plain,
  The happy highways where I went,
  And cannot come again.' - A.E. Houseman