[ZendTo] Re: JS Error

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Tue Sep 20 20:05:28 BST 2011

Good.

Firstly, check you have the latest release of ZendTo installed ('yum
update zendto' will tell you).
If you do, then upgrade Smarty to 3.0.8 (which is what I have working
just fine).

Download http://www.smarty.net/files/Smarty-3.0.8.tar.gz to root's home
directory on your ZendTo server. Once you're root, a simple 'cd ; wget
http://www.smarty.net/files/Smarty-3.0.8.tar.gz' will do it.
tar xzf Smarty-3.0.8.tar.gz
cd Smarty-3.0.8
mv /opt/zendto/lib/smarty /opt/zendto/lib/smarty-broken
cp -pr libs /opt/zendto/lib/smarty
chown -R root:root /opt/zendto/lib/smarty
rm -f /opt/zendto/lib/templates_c/*

Then refresh the page with the original template file in place, and give
it a try.

Jules.

On 20/09/2011 17:17, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:

> --
> Thanks, Phil

>     When you changed it to {$d.formattedBytes}, what HTML did it produce?
>
>     On 20/09/2011 16:35, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:

>             Jules,
>
>             I changed that line to be:

>             and now there are no issues. It is something in the
>             replace that causes the rest of the form not to be
>             processed/displayed and hence the document name does not
>             get defined.
>             --
>             Thanks, Phil

>                 Hi Jules, this is happening under FF3.6+.
>
>                 Looking at the difference between 4.02 and 4.05 I see
>                 the inclusion on that screen for the following code:

>                 ':'&nbsp;'}</td>
>
>                 so the size of the drop is also displayed. If I remove
>                 that piece of code I can now click on a dropoff and
>                 see the detail screen. When I put that code back in I
>                 am no longer able to click through to the detail screen.
>                 --
>                 Thanks, Phil
>
>                 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                     I have just tested the Outbox functionality with
>                     the JavaScript error console displayed in IE9,
>                     Safari (Mac) and Chrome (Mac).
>                     I cannot reproduce your error at all.
>
>                     In the 3 places that call "doPickup" ('grep -l
>                     doPickup /opt/zendto/templates/*.tpl' as you'll
>                     see them), they all have a form called "pickup"
>                     with a hidden element "claimID" in it. So the code
>                     should work, and does for me.
>
>                     Exactly how did you get it to display this error
>                     message?
>                     And does it affect the functionality of the page?
>
>                     Jules.
>
>                     On 20/09/2011 15:32, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
>
>                         Jules,
>
>                         Under ZendTo 4.05 when in the Outbox screen
>                         and the user clicks on a dropoff they have
>                         made a JS error, document.pickup is not
>                         defined, is being wrong on line 90 of main.js:
>
>                         / * Jules' code */
>                         function doPickup(theID) {
>                           document.pickup.claimID.value = theID; <--- here
>                           return document.pickup.submit();
>                         }
>
>                         I have looked at the code and cannot see what
>                         is wrong any ideas ?
>                         --
>                         Thanks, Phil

>                     Jules
>
>                     --
>                     Julian Field MEng CITP CEng
>                     www.Zend.To
>
>                     Follow me at twitter.com/JulesFM
>                     PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654
>
>                     'It's okay to live without all the answers' - Charlie Eppes, 2011
>                     'All programs have a desire to be useful' - Tron, 1982
>                     'That is the land of lost content,
>                       I see it shining plain,
>                       The happy highways where I went,
>                       And cannot come again.' - A.E. Houseman

>     Jules
>
>     --
>     Julian Field MEng CITP CEng
>     www.Zend.To

> [...]

'Teach a man to reason, and he will think for a lifetime.' - Phil Plait