[ZendTo] Feature request: Send a "Request a Drop-off" to multiple people at once

Craig Chambers craig at craigchambers.net
Mon Oct 31 16:58:15 GMT 2011

Hi Jules,

I though I would put this request out to the group to see if anyone beside
me would be interested in this feature. If there isn't a lot of interest or
it is a difficult thing to accomplish we can continue using it as designed
but this would certainly make our lives easier.

I currently use your system for an event company I work for. One of the use
cases is that we have people send us their slide decks so that our mail
system doesn't get filled with 10+MB files.

Often however, we have to put out a "call for presentations" and right now,
to make it easier on the presenters submitting their presentations we use
the Request a Drop-off feature to send the presenter an upload link. This
works pretty well but when you have 20+ people you need to send a link to it
becomes a bit bothersome to do. My understanding is that only one recipient
can use a link currently, after it is used it expires. Is that correct?

I was wondering if it would be possible to add some functionality to the
system so that you could add multiple email addresses into a recipients box
and have the system generate a link to each user (Ideally you could paste a
list of semi-colon separated names and not have to add them one at a time).
Not sure if it would be easier to generate a unique link for each recipient
or to make it so that one link now has a counter of sorts that allows
multiple people to upload a file with one link but expires after a certain
number of uploads or a certain date.

Thanks,

- Craig