[ZendTo] Re: Questions about a Centos 5.6/7 installation

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Sat Nov 12 12:03:52 GMT 2011

On 11/11/2011 15:54, Steve Campbell wrote:
> See below:
>
> On 11/11/2011 10:14 AM, John Cooper wrote:
>> On 11/11/11 14:46, Steve Campbell wrote:
>>> I've just finished getting a working Centos installation of ZendTo on a
>>> Centos Xen VM for testing purposes. I've got a few questions that I
>>> couldn't find the answers for in the archives.
>>>
>>> Firstly, I found a thread on the apc settings that are to go into either
>>> php.ini or apc.ini which indicated someone else didn't have those
>>> settings and didn't know where to put them. I, too, didn't have those
>>> settings and was wondering about them. The thread ended without an
>>> answer from Jule's last question to the OP. Seems to work without them
>>> though.
>> Steve, why didn't you use Centos 6? The install for that is easier
>> (omitting the>2GB changes)
> Centos 6 seems to be quite a bit behind RedHat. A test web server we set
> up using Centos 6 gave us a few problems. Maybe now it's better.
>> yum -y install postfix httpd mod_ssl mysql mysql-server rpm-build vixie-cron crontabs logrotate yum-cron
> Using sendmail instead of postfix. Not an issue using sendmail here.
>> chkconfig mysqld on
>> chkconfig httpd on
>> chkconfig iptables off
>> chkconfig ip6tables off
>> service mysqld start
>>
>> mysql_secure_installation
>> Set root password? [Y/n] y
>> New password:
>> Re-enter new password:
>> Remove anonymous users? [Y/n] y
>> Disallow root login remotely? [Y/n] y
>> Remove test database and access to it? [Y/n] y
>> Reload privilege tables now? [Y/n] y
>>
>> rpm -Uvh http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/6/i386/epel-release-6-5.noarch.rpm
>> rpm -Uvh http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/el/updates/testing/6/i386/rpmfusion-free-release-6-0.1.noarch.rpm  http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/el/updates/testing/6/i386/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-6-0.1.noarch.rpm
>>
>> *yum install php php-pear php-gd php-mbstring php-mcrypt php-mysql php-pdo php-soap php-xml php-xmlrpc php-bcmath php-pecl-apc php-pecl-memcache php-ldap*
>>

>> yum -y install libdbi lua-devel gettext lua ruby xorg-x11-fonts-Type1 perl-rrdtool rrdtool clamav clamav-db clamd
>> service clamd start
>> chkconfig clamd on
>> freshclam
>>
>> rpm -Uvh http://zend.to/files/zendto-repo.rpm
>> yum install zendto
>>

>> php.ini
>>
>> This is already documented here. http://zend.to/phpini.php
> See the question I have below, please.
>> Note: Ensure timezone is set for PHP 5.3 onwards
>>
>> date.timezone = Europe/London
>>
>> Ensure /etc/php.d/apc.ini has
>>
>> apc.rfc1867 = on
>> apc.max_file_size = 50G
>> apc.slam_defense = off
> Does this mean I should add them? I thought I was supposed to change
> them, but they weren't in the file, either php.ini or apc.ini?
You need to set date.timezone in php.ini. If it's not in there, add it.
As for the APC settings, if you don't have apc.ini at all then you have
not got the php-pecl-apc RPM installed (or whatever close variant of it
is used in CentOS naming schemes). In that file, most of those should be
present. Again, if they're not then add them.
> I ran into one more problem that I forgot to mention in the original
> post. In the "Set Permissions For Virus Scanning" section on the
> website, the "chgrp clamav" line did not work because there is no group
> "clamav" on my system. Not sure if I missed an RPM, but "clam" does
> exist so I used "clam" which does exist. There's a user and group
> "clam"; no "clamav" anywhere.
Whether it's clam or clamav varies depending on whose build of ClamAV
you download. Some use one, some use the other. If you use a different
repo from me, then it's quite possible it will be different. You
basically need to ensure the "freshclam" command works successfully
without any warnings about permissions or logs, and that if you do
"clamdscan /var/zendto" then it should actually scan all the
subdirectories. And yes, that is "clamdscan" and not "clamscan" which is
a rather different thing (clamdscan uses clamd to do it, so is a perfect
way of checking that clamd can reach all the subdirectories properly).

'Teach a man to reason, and he will think for a lifetime.' - Phil Plait