[ZendTo] Revisiting the Return-Path change from Sept. 2010 archive

Craig Chambers craig at craigchambers.net
Tue May 17 08:23:52 BST 2011

I know this is an old topic but I wanted to follow-up because I was running
into the same issue and have found a solution that appears to work for me on
Ubuntu 10.10.

To summarize the problem, when ZendTo sends an automated message the
Return-Path becomes www-data at domain.com instead of the email address you
specified in the ZendTo configuration. According to what I gathered from the
thread, sendmail overrides any changes to the configuration of
NSSDropbox.php. I am not sure if this is a valid fix for most people but I
was able to fix the problem by adding the following to the bottom of my
PHP.ini file:

sendmail_path =/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i ­f user at domain.com (substituting
your email address of course)

This still mens you have to manually modify a file, but at least you are not
digging around your sendmail configuration files. As usual, your results may
differ but I wanted to add this to the discussion in case it is useful for
someone else.

- Craig