[ZendTo] Re: IMAP authentication issue

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Wed May 11 13:44:48 BST 2011

On 10/05/2011 17:49, Chris Barber wrote:
> Thanks Jules, I think I got further now. I am now able to log in and see the main menu. However, when I click anything else, like Inbox, Outbox, Request a drop off, etc. I get an error saying: "This feature is only available to users who have logged in".
This is always caused by either clock or timezone problems. The expiry
time of the cookie is set by one end, and the system thinks the cookie
has expired before it was even created.

Do a "date" command and check the clock is correct and the timezone if
correct.
I've never seen this caused by anything except time/date/timezone problems.

Jules.

>> Chris,
>> The only options to imap_open are all documented here:
>>      http://php.net/manual/en/function.imap-open.php
>> It does give you quite a bit of flexibility, but I'm afraid I don't know anything about problems with Zimbra in particular.
>> However, a quick bit of Googling produced these:
>> http://www.zimbra.com/forums/administrators/16950-solved-imap_open-access-mailbox-php.html
>> http://z-push.sourceforge.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=240
>> So the answer appears to lie in using at least "/novalidate-cert", and possibly by actually doing a POP authentication rather than an IMAP one, which the options let you do>(see the 1st link above).
>> Cheers,
>> Jules.

'Teach a man to reason, and he will think for a lifetime.' - Phil Plait                                       'All programs have a desire to be useful' - Tron, 1982