[ZendTo] Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: 4.02 - notification email -> line breaks

patrick.gaikowski at kaufland.com patrick.gaikowski at kaufland.com
Thu Jun 2 12:12:11 BST 2011

Hi Jules,

$LANG is on my VM is "en_US.UTF-8".

I comment out

 #$headers .= "MIME-Version: 1.0\r\n";
 #$headers .= "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8\r\n";
 #$headers .= "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit\r\n";

and the line breaks were solved...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Patrick Gaikowski
Tel:     +49 7132 94 3568
Fax:    +49 7132 94 73568
E-Mail: patrick.gaikowski at kaufland.com
KI 967800 IT International / Infrastruktur
Office:
Lindichstrasse 11
D-74189 Weinsberg

http://www.kaufland.de
http://www.spannende-it.de
Wir sind die Nr. 1:
Kaufland ist "Bester Lebensmittelmarkt 2011"!

Kaufland Informationssysteme GmbH & Co. KG
Postfach 12 53 - 74149 Neckarsulm
Kommanditgesellschaft
Sitz: Neckarsulm
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRA 104163

   Jules <Jules at zend.to>
   Gesendet von:
   zendto-bounces at zend.to
                                       ZendTo Users <zendto at zend.to>

   02.06.2011 10:48
                                                                     Thema
                                       [ZendTo] Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort:
   Bitte antworten an                  Re: 4.02 - notification email ->
   ZendTo Users                        line breaks
   <zendto at zend.to>

The change were to
1) Add MIME headers to select UTF-8 character encoding,
and
2) If necessary, encode the Subject: in a way that allows international
characters.

I would imagine it's the MIME headers that are causing your problem.
Your mail system should cope quite happily with these, and should leave the
message untouched.
However something, possibly on your ZendTo server, is re-encoding the mail
as a result of these headers. This may well be caused by incorrect "LANG"
or "locale" settings. For example my output from "echo $LANG" is
"en_GB.UTF-8" which will handle the 8-bit character set.

You will probably find the setting buried in /etc/sysconfig/i18n. Make sure
the LANG setting includes ".UTF-8" on the end of it, and then reboot your
server.

Let me know if that helps.

My systems, running with UTF-8, are not adding any extra encoding to the
message, as the whole path is 8-bit clean.

If you still can't get it to work, then a workaround for now is to comment
out the extra MIME headers added in "deliverEmail"
in /opt/zendto/lib/NSSDropbox.php, while we try to find a solution that
will work for you.

Jules.

      emails were delivered successfully but the format (line breaks)
      changed from 4.00 to 4.01/4.02.

      I'm using the CentOS VM build V4.00 and installed V4.02 as
      RPM-Package...

      E-Mail: patrick.gaikowski at kaufland.com
      KI 967800 IT International / Infrastruktur
      Office:
      Lindichstrasse 11
      D-74189 Weinsberg

      http://www.kaufland.de
      http://www.spannende-it.de
      Wir sind die Nr. 1:
      Kaufland ist "Bester Lebensmittelmarkt 2011"!

      Kaufland Informationssysteme GmbH & Co. KG
      Postfach 12 53 - 74149 Neckarsulm
      Kommanditgesellschaft
      Sitz: Neckarsulm
      Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRA 104163

            Inactive
          hide details for John Cooper
            <johnpcooper at yahoo.com>John Cooper <johnpcooper at yahoo.com>

       John Cooper
       <johnpcooper at yahoo.com>
       Gesendet von:
       zendto-bounces at zend.to

                                                ZendTo Users
       01.06.2011 21:45                         <zendto at zend.to>

        Bitte antworten an
        ZendTo Users                                                 Thema
        <zendto at zend.to>
                                                [ZendTo] Re: Antwort: Re:
                                                4.02 - notification email
                                                -> line breaks

      On 01/06/11 19:30, patrick.gaikowski at kaufland.com wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > the question is, what is the difference between 4.00 and 4.01/4.02.
      In
      > version 4.00 notification was working fine. Was there any change in

      > sending /creating notification?

      Your original email ended up in my spam folder so probably did for
      everyone else.

      I installed Zento today for a friend on a Ubuntu server using
      apt-get.
      Everything worked perfectly and notifications are fine. Perhaps your
      notifications are being blocked by email servers. Have you checked
      your
      emails are being delivered?

      John.