[ZendTo] Re: Release 3.64 with upload progress bars

Duncan, Brian M. brian.duncan at kattenlaw.com
Fri Feb 18 01:12:03 GMT 2011

Sorry to report back with a possible bug, if it is not something I am
doing wrong.

I put the current version into production the other night here.

I have had reports that the progress bar does not seem to work all of
the time and that they are having troubles sending large files (1+ gig
in this case).

When I looked into it what I found is that for large dropoffs this seems
to be the case with either IE or Firefox.  (I have not tested any other
browsers)

I was wondering if you could tell me what to look at to determine what
my problem is. Or if this is a bug.

The 1st screenshot is an example dropoff that is being uploaded in
Firefox.  It is a 1.2 gig file that is probably 20-30% of the way
uploaded based on watching iptraf on the zendto server after a certain
time period.  As you can see the upload progress is stuck at 100, it
stayed at 100% until when I believe the upload should have finished
sucessfully..  But it did not.  The 2nd screenshot is what I was
returned to after waiting for it to finish. (it looks like zendto resets
itself and never goes to the drop-off summary page and knows nothing
about the file that was just being sent)

BTW, I have triple checked that I have the changes to the php.ini you
note on your site. BTW in CentOS php.ini changes you list the directive
"error_reporting =" twice.

The 3rd and last screenshot is an upload of a 70 meg file that the
progress bar works through the whole transfer and it succesfully
displays the drop-off summary screen after.

I also verified a 380 megabyte upload worked.  I don't have any more
time tonight to keep moving up to find when the issues start size wize.

I have verified the 1.2 gig file issue happens in either Firefox or IE
(IE 7 in this case)

1st screenshot when the 1.2 gig upload is around 20-30% done:

2nd screen shot: (this is what came up after the upload finished for the
1.2 gig file) - No drop-off summary page.

3rd Screenshot is a 70 meg upload after several seconds as the file
transfers in the same Firefox browser. (It eventually gets to 0 and
shows the drop-off summary)

Thanks,

Brian

BRIAN M. DUNCAN
Data Security Administrator
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
525 W. Monroe Street / Chicago, IL 60661-3693
p / (312) 577-8045 f / (312) 577-4490
brian.duncan at kattenlaw.com / www.kattenlaw.com