[ZendTo] Re: Dropbox vs ZendTo

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Fri Feb 11 09:45:55 GMT 2011

One of the biggest changes I made was to totally separate the code from
the user interface. This makes it enormously easier to customise the
appearance of the site while keeping maintainability.

Previously if you had wanted to upgrade Dropox after you had customised
the web site appearance, you would have had a massive job on your hands.
It can now be done in 5 minutes.

Also, there is the dual-forest AD support. And a whole host of bug
fixes, extra features such as:
* a note to accompany the dropoff,
* source email address verification,
* captcha test to stop it being automatically spammed, all sorts of things!

But despite all the new features I have added, the code is now *shorter*
than when I started, and enormously simpler and better structured.

ZendTo is a fork of Dropbox, I openly admit that and give due credit to
the original designers of Dropbox.

The next plan I have is to totally replace the website with something
much better looking and more modern. At the moment it is showing its
age! :-)

Best regards,
Jules.