[ZendTo] Large Files and Rebuilding libphp5.so

Brian Ott Brian.Ott at oicr.on.ca
Thu Dec 22 21:34:43 GMT 2011

Hello!

I've gone through the archives to make sure this wasn't already
addressed. I'm on Debian 6 (Squeeze) using PHP 5.3.3. I followed the
link here http://www.zend.to/phpfix.php in rebuilding libphp5.so.

For the most part it works except near the end it fails:

----------------------
Build complete.
Don't forget to run 'make test'.

make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/php5-5.3.3/cli-build'
touch build-cli-stamp
mkdir -p temp_session_store
# start our own mysql server for the tests
/bin/sh debian/setup-mysql.sh 1025 /usr/local/src/php5-5.3.3/mysql_db
Timed out waiting for mysql server to be available
kill: 65: No such process

kill: 65: No such process

make: *** [test-results.txt] Error 1
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
---------------------

On that page you state for Ubuntu 11 that to ignore any erorrs so I
figured on Deb 6 I should do the same since it does say 'Build
complete'.

I copied over the file in 'apache2-build/.libs/libphp5.so' to the right
directory '/usr/lib/apache2/modules/'

- Made sure permissions were the same as previous
- Restarted Apache2

Now to mention before doing this everything worked well, I could login
with LDAP credentials and could upload/grab files without any issues
except for files over 2G.

After doing this on Debian I can't even login, it just returns me back
to the page and if I do just a regular dropoff without authentication
then I can click on 'dropoff' fill out the info (name, organization
and email); however the next page returns an error

------------------
No data received
Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this web page later.
Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection
without sending any data.
------------------

That is all I see on the page. I'm using Chrome as my main browser,
when I tried with firefox I can't submit the info because the
reCaptcha doesn't show up. I just see on the bottom of the page where
the captcha would be "Input error: Invalid referer" yet in chrome I
see it.

Some help would be appreciated =\

Also to mention even with the old libphp5.so firefox doesn't show the
reCaptcha

--
Brian Ott
Unix System Administrator

Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
MaRS Centre, South Tower
101 College Street, Suite 800
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 0A3

Telephone:	647-260-7977
Email:		brian.ott at oicr.on.ca
www.oicr.on.ca

This message and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this message may not be that of the organization.