[ZendTo] Possibility of a Library

Julian Adler Julian.Adler at vectra-corp.com
Tue Dec 6 03:51:14 GMT 2011

Hi Jules,

I have just started setting up a Zend.to box and have it all working well! Fantastic work!

I was considering our requirements and one thing that we come across frequently is the need to send the same file to lots of people. Not necessarily at the same time like a multiple drop off. And I was thinking that an admin run library of "official files" that any user could create a new drop off for would be a really nifty way of achieving this. A critical distinction between the multiple dropoff and a library use is the different dropoff codes for each user entered instead of a single code for a multiple. This would allow the tracking of each request for pickup individually. The created dropoff shoudl expire with the regular timeframe.

For example an IT company has a pre-confiured remote support program that they send to a user when they need remote help, this file is the same for everyone. At the moment a new request needs to be created and the file dropped off everytime. This same scenario with a library the user would login, select the library and then create a new dropoff with the clients email of the file from the library. The original file is stored on the Zend.to box and is not subject to manipulation except by administrators.

Cheers

Jules

Regards
Julian Adler