[ZendTo] Re: invalid email addresses

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Thu Apr 21 14:34:06 BST 2011

On 20/04/2011 06:05, Damian Mendoza wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed if I send to an invalid email address I'm not receiving any type of notification. Should I receive an error message if I send to an invalid email address
Depends what you mean by invalid email address. There is a test to check
that the email addresses entered follow the basic rules of a correct
email address (i.e. it has an @ sign in it for starters, among other
things), but there is no way to check that the address exists at the
time of entry.

You only find that out after you have tried to deliver the message and
it has failed (which legitimately can easily take 5-7 days). You
probably don't want to wait a week for the page to load while it checks
that the email message got through. :-(

'Teach a man to reason, and he will think for a lifetime.' - Phil Plait                                       'All programs have a desire to be useful' - Tron, 1982