[ZendTo] Re: Upgrade to 4.0

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Mon Apr 18 09:15:48 BST 2011

The best advice I can give you is to read the notes on the downloads
page for starters.
I now have a Yum and an Apt repository (information about them is linked
from the dowloads page), so you can use those if you wish to make life
easier now and in the future.
If you have customised the templates at all, move them out of the way
completely before you start as it will need to replace all of those,
along with any modifications you have made in www/css and www/js (which
you probably haven't changed).
The install the new version and copy over your preferences.php changes
and zendto.conf changes (if you have changed either one).
And be sure to make the zendto.conf setting "CSSTheme = swish" and not
the old "duracell" setting or whatever you were using.
Then it should work.

Sorry I haven't written a preferences.php upgrader, but the structure of
the file doesn't lend itself to an easy solution to that problem, though
I could do one for zendto.conf (which is a job I will get onto).

You may actually find that "upgrade_MailScanner_conf" will already
upgrade the zendto.conf file just nicely!
The structure is close enough that it should work, something like
     upgrade_MailScanner_conf zendto.conf zendto.conf.rpmnew >
zendto.conf.new
should work.

If you get stuck, do shout. If you can give me remote root access, I'll
be able to get in and sort out whatever has gone wrong for you.

Best regards,
Jules.