[ZendTo] Antwort: Re: {SPAM?} Upload > 2GB :..

patrick.gaikowski at kaufland.com patrick.gaikowski at kaufland.com
Sun Apr 17 10:23:19 BST 2011

Hi,

as i wrote i did tests with 64Bit RHEL 5.x  and fixed PHP as documented. I
set the limit in preferences.php to 8GB. I doesn' matter which browser i
take! The limit is 2GB...

I tried Firefox 3.x 32Bit, Firefox 4.x 32Bit., Firefox 4.x 64Bit...

I tried also the preconfigured VM (CentOS 64-Bit) from Zend.to and had the
same issue.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Patrick Gaikowski
Tel:     +49 7132 94 3568
Fax:    +49 7132 94 73568
E-Mail: patrick.gaikowski at kaufland.com
KI 967800 IT International / Infrastruktur
Office:
Lindichstrasse 11
D-74189 Weinsberg

http://www.kaufland.de

Kaufland Informationssysteme GmbH & Co. KG
Postfach 12 53 - 74149 Neckarsulm
Kommanditgesellschaft
Sitz: Neckarsulm
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRA 104163

   Jules <Jules at zend.to>
   Gesendet von:
   zendto-bounces at zend.to
                                       ZendTo Users <zendto at zend.to>

   16.04.2011 23:40
                                                                     Thema
                                       [ZendTo] Re: {SPAM?}  Upload > 2GB
   Bitte antworten an                  :..
   ZendTo Users
   <zendto at zend.to>

Certainly IE cannot cope with uploads bigger than 2GB.
And you also need a patched PHP (see the web site for how to do this) to
support uploads bigger than 2GB.

On my Mac with Safari, I can do uploads far in excess of 2GB with no
problems at all.

Once you've got a patched PHP library, it's all down to the browser, and
most Windows ones are screwed. Even a supposedly 64-bit IE9 on Windows
2008R2 64-bit can still not do uploads bigger than 2GB (which is the 31-bit
limit, so they are still using 32-bit signed integers to hold the upload
size.  :-(

And don't forget to set the max upload file limits in preferences.php and
php.ini as well of course.