[ZendTo] Re: {SPAM?} Upload > 2GB :..

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Sat Apr 16 22:40:13 BST 2011

Certainly IE cannot cope with uploads bigger than 2GB.
And you also need a patched PHP (see the web site for how to do this) to
support uploads bigger than 2GB.

On my Mac with Safari, I can do uploads far in excess of 2GB with no
problems at all.

Once you've got a patched PHP library, it's all down to the browser, and
most Windows ones are screwed. Even a supposedly 64-bit IE9 on Windows
2008R2 64-bit can still not do uploads bigger than 2GB (which is the
31-bit limit, so they are still using 32-bit signed integers to hold the
upload size.  :-(

And don't forget to set the max upload file limits in preferences.php
and php.ini as well of course.