[ZendTo] AD authentication

Brad Beckenhauer bbecken at aafp.org
Wed Jul 21 20:57:39 BST 2010

I just installed ZendTo/Centos-64 3.56-2 using the vm.

IMAP authentication works for my test account but I need to switch to AD authentication for my internal clients.

I installed the openldap-client on the vm  (yum install openldap-client ) so I could use the utility for debugging.

I can run the ldap-search command and it returns a Success using the below command line.

# ldapsearch -h MyADServer1 -b ou=ZendToUsers,dc=xxx,DC=yyy,DC=org -x -D"cn=Administrator,cn=Users,dc=xxx,dc=yyy,dc=org" -W "sAMAccountName=test"

Note that my Administrator is not in the same context as my user named 'test'.

from: preferences.php

 //'authenticator' => 'IMAP',

  'authenticator'             => 'AD',
  'authLDAPAdmins'            => array('test','admin2','admin3'),
  'authLDAPBaseDN1'           => 'ou=ZendToUsers,DC=xxx,DC=yyy,DC=org',
  'authLDAPServers1'          => array('MyADServer1','MyADServer2'),
  'authLDAPAccountSuffix1'    => '@yyy.org',
  'authLDAPUseSSL1'           => false,
  'authLDAPBindUser1'         => 'cn=Administrator,cn=Users,dc=xxx,dc=yyy,dc=org',
  'authLDAPBindPass1'         => 'Secret Password for the above user is entered here',

restart apache
service httpd restart

try to login on the webpage and I get two errors:

LDAP Error

Check User: Unable to connect to any of the LDAP servers; could not authenticate user.

Authentication Error

The username or password was incorrect.

beating my head on this and looking for a pointer on what I'm doing wrong.

I won't be able to work on this again until next Monday.
thanks
Brad