[ZendTo] Re: Enhancement request

Julian Field Jules at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Aug 23 18:50:42 BST 2010

See below.

On 17 Aug 2010, at 11:01 PM, "Brad Beckenhauer" <bbecken at aafp.org> wrote:

> We are a non-profit organization and have annual conferences where we would like to be able to provide the member doctors a claim id/claim pass code to download conference materials.
>
> But if you have the claim id/claim passcode, you can also delete the material (so other doctors would not be able to access the material).
>
> Enhancement requests:
> 1) un-authenticated users using a claim id/claim pass code only to retrieve a dropoff should not be able to delete a dropoff.

You can only do this if there is only 1 recipient and that is you. With 2 or more recipients, you can't do this.

> 2) Admins can override the default retention period and specify a "keep until" date or "keep forever".

I would have to see how it's implemented, but I think it is done based on the creation date, so this would require a major change and would break peoples existing setups.
Keep Forever would be possible though, as that could just be an extra flag in the record.
Would that do?