[ZendTo] Re: Message to recipient showing IP Address instead of DNS name

Sergio Rabellino rabellino at di.unito.it
Sun Aug 22 20:56:25 BST 2010

Brad Beckenhauer ha scritto:
> Hi Sergio,
> Right now I'm calling the server using dns name in the browser URL
> (Canonical is off and apache restarted).
> I've tested using Firefox 3.6.8 and IE 8 and in both cases I get the
> private IP Address in the message sent to the user.
>
> I then changed the line $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] to read
> $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] and I still get the IP Address in the email
> with canonical OFF.

this is awesome, did you verify that servername is defined as fdqn for
the apache you're calling (i don't know if it's a virtualhost) ?
> If I turn "Canonical On" and change the line $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] to
> read $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'], then the email correctly sends the host
> DNS name and not the IP Address..
no ideas for now....

> Are you using the Centos-64 vm from Julian as well?

no i've my "ancient" server on a solaris box, but damn, apache is apache
and php is php... (btw i've also a service on a centos-64 with
apache/php with the same behaviour)