[ZendTo] Re: Release 3.61

Jules Jules at zend.to
Sat Aug 14 12:33:42 BST 2010

On 13/08/2010 21:31, Steve Mason wrote:

> [...]
This is completely different for Ubuntu and CentOS, so I'm going to have
to write 2 different versions, but I'll look into this. There are plenty
of websites out that that explain this in detail, I'll copy one of them
and double-check the paths are right.

Here's a good one to start with:
     http://shapeshed.com/journal/setting_up_mod_ssl_on_apache_centos_52/

I'll write something based on that for you.

> For features, I'd like to see a feature similar to MailScanner's
> upgrade_MailScanner_conf as it can be a bit tedious scrutinizing
> prefereces.php.rmpnew etc.

It won't be as simple a job as with MailScanner, as the prefs file
format is very different and is executable PHP. So the script would
probably need to change a bit with new releases, which makes it a lot
harder to do automatically. The great thing about the MailScanner one I
wrote is that it needs no information whatsoever beyond what it finds in
the old and new conf files.

Note that you will only get a preferences.php.rpmnew file if the
preferences.php file has changed between releases, so hopefully that
won't be too often.

www.ZendTo.com

Contact me!
Contact me!