[ZendTo] LDAP

Brad Beckenhauer bbecken at aafp.org
Tue Aug 3 15:48:23 BST 2010

Hi Jules,

I noticed that there is a authenticator /lib/NSSLDAPAuthenticator.php but the preferences.php file does not have a corresponding section on implementing it.   I have access to SLES servers that supports OPEN LDAP and thought I'd give it a whirl instead of the AD or IMAP authenticators.

The NSSADAuthenticator.php has a section on howto implement it in the preferences.php file but the NSSLDAPAuthenticator.php does not have an example.

I'm going to "try" configuring the LDAP Auth in the preferences.php as I have SLES system I can authenticate against.

I'm "guessing" that the preferences file needs something like the below to work:

  //
  // Settings for the LDAP authenticator.
  //
  //  "authLDAPServers"     Array of hostnames to try binding to
  //  "authLDAPBaseDN"      Base distinguished name for search/bind
  //  "authLDAPAdmins"      Cheap way to grant admin privs to users; an
  //                        array of uname's
  'authenticator' => 'LDAP',
  'authLDAPServers'          => array('192.168.1.1','192.168.1.2'),
  'authLDAPBaseDN'           => 'ou=users,o=domain',
  'authLDAPUseSSL'           => false,              <<<<<  option does not appear to be currently supported in v3.59

Can the LDAP library be tweaked to allow the use of the authLDAPUseSSL option in the preferences file? (If my humble interpretation that it is not currently implemented is correct).

thanks
Brad